You must have the right people with the right skills in the right position at the right time. To ensure the necessary job-talent fit, your organization must build critical talent pipelines.
Here are the five essential factors to consider for an effective Talent Pipeline Strategy.
2. Build talent pools by assessing internal and external candidates.
2. Determine the gaps between available talent and what is needed.
3. Implement a variety of acquiring the talent to fill those gaps
4. Continuously monitor and refine your pipeline strategies.
5. Evaluate other factors that may affect the creation of your talent pools including volatility of the economy in a specific market segments and scarcity of specific skill sets—frequently referred to as the skills gap.
Benefits of an Effective Talent Pipeline Strategy
The Chamber of Commerce study concluded that it is time for business leaders to implement a workforce strategy for our time, not one designed to address the skills gaps and talent needs of the past. Today, the business environment is constantly changing and there is a lack of flexibility and responsiveness from education and workforce systems in producing top talent. It is essential to implement a new demand-driven strategy that can address the need for talent.
Be certain your talent pipeline is thoroughly connected and make the necessary repairs to your hiring process.
Click on the following link for a copy of the Special Executive Summary Report, Top Three Reasons Hiring Processes Are Broken and What To Do About It.