Content and Topics
What you will learn from the book Turning Good People Into Top Talent
The book distills the keys to becoming an effective visionary leader down to 7 simple-to-follow steps:
- Accountability and a Responsibility-Based Workplace: Assuring Ownership and Commitment
Top performers who accept ownership and responsibility for achieving the accountabilities of their position require a trust-based environment. To accomplish this, leaders at all levels may need to learn how to release control and nurture responsibility among the work force.
- Organizational Vitality: Attracting and Energizing Top Talent
The more vitality an organization has, the more attractive it is to customers, employees, investors, suppliers, and other stakeholders. Begin by measuring your organization’s vital signs such as alignment with vision, values, purpose, goals, procedures and roles, and the levels of trust and worker engagement.
- Shared Values: Assuring Credibility That Builds Trust
Core values by which the organization operates are critical to maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees and other stakeholders. Minimizing the gaps between the personal values people expect and what they experience enhances trust.
- High Performing Teams: Achieving Extraordinary Results.
If innovation is important to your competitive advantage, establishing real teams that can become high performing innovative teams is not an option and not just groups that are often referred to as teams.
- Continuous Learning: Mastering the Essential Skills
Turning Good People into Top Talent requires a continuous learning process that achieves mastery of the essential skills for the particular position. Begin by aligning all learning processes with the skills required to achieve the strategic accountabilities of the job.
- Coach-Based Management: Maximizing Worker and Manager Contribution
The most effective managers establish a coach-based employee-manager relationship. This includes mastery of emotional intelligence and people skills. Begin by assessing the leadership and management competency and skill levels at all levels within your organization.
- Talent Management: Maximizing Engagement, Retention and Utilization
An effective talent management process includes identifying the talent requirements and benchmarking key positions essential to executing your strategy; implementing an effective hiring process to attract, screen, select, and bring on board good people who will become Top Talent.
You Will Discover:
- The real reasons that workers fail to buy-in and lack commitment – it’s not what you think!
- The critical element, that when addressed, can increase market value of a company up to 30%.
- The three roles senior executives must play in any organizational transformation effort and how to assure success.
- What it takes to achieve 200+% higher revenue per employee than companies without a culture of continuous learning.
Summary of What You Will Learn:
- The 10 common traps companies make that prevent them from establishing a culture of accountability and responsibility.
- The key to restoring a culture that guarantees long-term success.
- The importance of organizational vitality in attracting and energizing Top Talent…and how to measure it.
- The four behavioral-based trust building skills and how to measure them.
- The top ten management myths and how to bust them to maximize manager and worker contribution to achieve measurable results.
You Will Also Determine:
- The 10 factors that influence readiness for establishing a culture of accountability and responsibility.
- The eight values required to build trust and credibility.
- How to shorten the journey from team formation to high performance and how to measure progress.BUY IT NOW!